Happy New Year, everyone! Here’s wishing you all a rockin’ 2014!
I am introducing a new category here at the blog and it’s called Touringkittyps. And here is my first serving!
Some five years ago, I was planning our own wedding. I chose to do it ourselves so that everything we wanted will be followed by the detail.
But boy, oh, boy, it was hard. My husband and I both had full-time jobs and were also on top of a big church fund-raising event during that time. After the wedding, we only wished we hired a wedding coordinator to help us out. We even had to scout suppliers on our own, as we only managed to attend one wedding fair due to our very busy schedules.
So, here are five tips for the soon-to-be-weds or even those who have other upcoming events, like debuts and birthdays!
1. Know what you really, really want. It will be hard if you don’t, so, set your mind on an object, or a color, and revolve around it and only it! Pinterest has mood boards or inspiration boards to get you started. You can even work one of your own! I was then just set on two things: Pink and Hello Kitty, so I got all inspiration from there. Don’t worry, I only had a Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel cake topper and that’s the only Sanrio you could see during the wedding!
2. Make a checklist and check it not once, not twice, but everyday. Always set a goal to do one thing a day, like scouting for a supplier, doing an ocular of the venue, or listing possible invitees. Make sure also to tick that checklist so that you are sure you have done the task.
3. KISS: Keep it simple and stunning! Yes, I have a different meaning for KISS. Simple does not always mean less tasteful. Every event can be a happy and successful one if everything on it is just the way you wanted it.
4. Ask for help. You need it. When I was really stressed out as THE day got nearer, I got help from family and friends. They were most welcome to accommodate and so much more.
5. Scout for suppliers. Here comes all those wedding and debut fairs happening all around the metro. There is one happening this weekend!
For those planning their weddings and debuts this early, go and troop SM Megamall for the 15th Ultimate Wedding and Debut Fair and check out the one-stop shop for all your supplier needs. Book your supplier this early to get HUGE discounts!
What you need to do first is register online through this link to avail of free entrance for two plus other promos and freebies during the event. What’s even better is if you are already an Ensogo user, you may register online through their link which entitles you to an exclusive raffle promo for voucher holders!
Enjoy your party planning!