Another holiday season has ended. And of course, who says no to food on holidays?
But despite of all the food, do you even mind your teeth and gums? That would probably be last priority, it’s the holidays, anyway!
Good thing, our friends from Oral B sent a package with their latest products, which I got to try while eating all those yummy, sugary, salty, savoury food.
And before we fully unbox this, let me also share with you five tips to keep your pearly whites whiter and stronger.
1. Take coloured and acidic drinks like wine or coffee in moderation. Anything in moderation is fine. Just remember that these drinks would most probably stain and destroy your enamel in the long run. Water is still the way to go, and make sure to finish your meal or drinks with water to flush out any dirt immediately away from your teeth.
2. Make sure to brush after eating, and do not consume anything immediately after brushing. Never miss a toothbrush sesh, as it would help take away the smaller food excesses in your mouth.
3. Choose a good toothpaste and toothbrush that can help you clean and keep clean your teeth.
With the package came Oral B’s Charcoal White toothbrush (which I super like!), and their latest innovation, the Gum and Enamel repair toothpaste.
The NEW Oral-B Gum & Enamel Repair Toothpaste is clinically proven to protect gums and strengthen enamel in 2 weeks. Oral-B’s Gum and Enamel Repair toothpaste has unique ActivRepair™ technology, clinically proven to neutralize bacteria on the gumline, and even keep it away afterwards, too. It also repairs the damage caused to your tooth enamel by everyday wear and tear and continues to protect it afterwards. Not only that, but it also helps do all this in just two weeks.
I saw a significant lightening of my teeth on my first try! Now that’s something I looked forward to each time I brushed, since I have consumed quite an amount of sugary Christmas treats and coffee to keep me awake for the piano playing and singing during Dawn Masses.
4. Don’t forget to floss! This we oftentimes forget, and because we neglect flossing, bacteria buildup is faster. Included in the package is the Oral-B Glide Floss. What I particularly like about this floss is that it does not shred and as the name says, glides in between your teeth really well. I am not a floss user but this one makes me use floss every after toothbrush already.
5. Visit your dentist regularly. Once a year is sometimes all it takes, so that the dentist can assess your dental health. In that one visit he will clean your teeth, which has to be done annually as well, and recommend if you need fillings, among other things.
So, there you have it! Five easy steps for that protected teeth, holidays and beyond. Keep up a habit of better teeth with Oral-B’s line of quality and innovative dental products.
Here’s to healthier pearly whites! And a Happy New Year to all.