A lot of relatives and well-meaning (and some who are not so) friends/people have asked me and my husband WHY we homeschool. Our answer is usually simple: because we can.
And I tell you, you CAN, too, as long as you pray for it, strive for it, so you can thrive as a homeschool family, even while at home.
Technology, I must say, helped us make decisions for our family. Because resources and readings are on my fingertips literally, I can easily do my research and share a link to my husband, who is the best partner in this thing called child-rearing. We agreed on so many life-changing things like breastfeeding, attachment parenting, babywearing, and homeschooling. Now we’re going trying to be vegans. You might say, that’s going way overboard, but really, it isn’t–for us, we just make decisions for our small family.
The pandemic somewhat made it “equal footing” for all–that all learners are at home and studying. And I think attending this online summit might just help you decide better for your family. Looking at the topics and the speakers, I’d say there’s something for each one in the family. I am so grateful to the many homeschool online communities for the exchange in ideas and inspirations. Visit www.educatingforlife.net and check out #CHIPSThriveAtHome.
Educating for Life (EFL), the organizer of national homeschool conferences in the Philippines since 2014, and the creator of the Philippine Homeschool Convention and Connect Homeschooling and Intentional Parenting Summit (CHIPS), is proud to present CHIPS 2021: Thrive at Home or simply #CHIPSThriveAtHome.
Happening online via the Accelevents platform, the Summit will take place on July 30-August 1, but participants will be able to access the event anytime and learn from all the Summit talks even after the event dates, up to August 31, 2021.
#CHIPSThriveAtHome is similar to EFL’s CHIPS event last year, which was their big-scale online event created in response to the needs of families who suddenly had to face a year of strictly home-based learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Driven by this same objective to help families, #CHIPSThriveatHome will feature bite-sized learning sessions for families who are already homeschooling, exploring or preparing for homeschooling, or struggling with the challenges of their kids learning at home via distance learning.
With talks focused on the sub-themes Thrive In Your Mind, Thrive in Learning, and Thrive in Family Relationships, EFL hopes to equip families with strategies for joyful homeschooling and distance learning. Through the specific parenting and family life topics of #CHIPSThriveAtHome, EFL hopes that more families will be able to cope—and even thrive—despite the pandemic.
The Summit’s line-up of speakers consists of both international and local speakers who will leave the participants inspired, encouraged, empowered, and equipped to start or continue their respective home-based learning journeys more than ever before. This applies to both homeschooling and distance learning families.
Below are just some of the 30+ #CHIPSThriveAtHome topics:
- “Well-Being Matters: Supporting Parents’-Kids’-Teens’ Mental Health” by Dr. Michele Alignay
- “Lead Your Family to Thrive: The Importance of a Father’s Presence” by Bo Sanchez
- “Mother Culture: How to Thrive When You’re With Your Kids 24/7” by Gina Guerrero-Roldan
- “How to Thrive as a Solo Parent During Challenging Times” by Professor Nina Era
- “How Homeschooling Helps Our Family’s Relationships to Thrive” by Julius and Tintin Babao
- “How to Help Your Kids Thrive in Distance Learning” by Dr. Queena Lee-Chua
- “Survive and Thrive: Stories of Homeschooling COVID-19 Survivors” by Joe and Rica Bonifacio
- “How to Keep Your Family Safe Online” by Kenneth Lingan
- “What We Learned After a Year of Distance Learning” – A Panel Discussion by Ina Arabia-Garcia, Jing jing de Guzman, Michelle Aventajado, and Pehpot Pineda
- “The Most Important Person in Your Homeschool is You” by Julie Bogart
There will also be sessions for kids and teens. All the #CHIPSThriveAtHome topics and speakers can be seen here.
Besides learning from all the talks, #CHIPSThriveAtHome participants will also be able to visit the virtual expo within the Summit event platform. The expo will feature products and services that will help support families in their respective home-based learning journeys. Business owners and entrepreneurs that may be interested in joining the expo may sign up here or contact Michelle Padrelanan via firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE EVENT?
#CHIPSThriveAtHome is open to everyone who wishes to learn strategies for joyful homeschooling and distance learning. This includes parents, students (kids and teens), educators, and other people who see the importance of thriving in your mind, thriving in learning, and thriving in family relationships.
REGISTRATION PROCESS AND FEES
Registration is currently ongoing at www.educatingforlife.net
The fees are below:
Early Bird Family Learning Fee: P1500
Deadline of payment to avail the early bird rate is 11.59pm July 23, 2021
Regular Family Learning Fee: P2000
Effective July 24, 2021
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD OFFER!
Right now until July 15, 2021, EFL is running a SPECIAL EARLY BIRD OFFER! Participants who will register AND pay the family learning fee of P1500 by 11.59pm on July 15 get FREE access to exclusive bonus talks worth P13,0000+++, including:
- A live webinar on “Grit and Resilience: The Most Important Things Parents Can Do to Help the Pandemic Generation Thrive,” to be given by Dr. Queena Lee-Chua, one of the most sought-after speakers on parenting, education, and mental health in the country.
- A “He Says, She Says” type talk on “How to Handle Family Finances During the Pandemic,” to be given by Charlie and Paula Fernandez. Charlie is a financial advisor and Paula is a child advocate who shares her husband’s passion for helping families be financially literate.
Platinum Sponsor: Peniel Integrated Christian Academy of Rizal
Silver Sponsor: HomeLife Academy