And before we head on another trip, here’s a short summary of my Hong Kong trip last July (I know, late as usual!).
I have been wanting to go on a solo trip for years. Moms need to recharge, you know.
And for this particular trip, I intentionally identified Hong Kong because of three reasons:
1. I kind of spoiled our own family trip two years ago, because of work that had to be done while on the trip.
2. My goal was to walk, eat, sleep. Nothing more.
3. Because Disneyland. Yes.
But God had even better plans, adding up to the list above.
1. My college friend hosted me (praise God for their family!) so I had no problems with accommodation. Plus, their place is in an MTR line, and with a mall–with an outlet store!
2. Her husband treated me to Disneyland (yay for perks!).
3. I chanced upon the Closing Ceremony of the Belt and Road Choral Competition, wherein my Ninong Mark Carpio (of the Philippine Madrigal Singers) was part of the jury. And this: The Vesna Children’s Choir performing a short program. Uh-ma-zing!
4. IKEA!!! Bought pasalubong for my home–bed sheet, toilet stuff, among others. And before I know it, an IKEA store is opening soon in the Philippines, just in front of our church! (calm down, heart and wallet!)
5. And slept for eight hours STRAIGHT each night I was there. Such grace.
And so there you go. I was able to tick off my goals, plus got some bonuses.
I am just so grateful that this trip happened, at the right time, at the right situation, and right context. I literally needed a break, and it was a perfect one.
So, here’s a clip I made to remember my first ever Serendipitrip (love the play of words there!). CLICK HERE to watch on Youtube. And don’t forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE for more travel vlogs! You sure would not want to miss the next ones.